Work with us!
JOIN US TO REALISE THE DREAM:
Life-saving water and sanitation for all the World’s villagers by 2030
Spurred on by the preventable death of the daughter of LooLa’s cook, but inspired by the life-saving work of UNICEF after Aceh’s tsunami, LooLa Eco Adventure – crowned World #1 Responsible Tourism Operator in London 2015 – formed a coalition with governments, world-class universities, and companies to optimize the UNICEF solution and make it even cheaper and easier to build locally.
In 2019, after 3 years of extensive research, we had our result, the “Safe Water Garden” (SWG).
The Indonesian government very quickly recognized the SWG’s potential to address the national sanitation issue:
They declared it fit for use in early 2020, making the SWG ☞officially☜ the world’s most cost-efficient sanitation system (ref safewatergardens.org/cost-efficiency )
Just before the onset of COVID, it looked like our vision(Image to the right), was fully on track, with major companies announcing they were ready to join forces.
But then COVID hit, and it put a complete stop to our Eco travel and it severely slowed the developments with the Safe Water Gardens, pushing us into loss-making territory.
Progress during COVID
Hard as COVID was, we managed to make progress – and even use COVID to make things better!
- We managed to complete our first pilot village in March 2021, demonstrating that our scale-up model works and that villagers can be empowered to build their own Safe Water Gardens
- The biggest pipe maker in Indonesia, Rucika, signed up to become a full partner, and they designed a standard “LEGO-like” plug and play kit, which was first used in the pilot village
- We secured USD 45,000 from the Rotary Club to do a second pilot village (completed in Oct 2021) in the Citarum area near Bandung, possibly the most polluted river-shed area in the world. In this second pilot project, we managed to show that the SWG lends itself to sharing: the village community built 30 SWGs which delivered lifelong safe sanitation to 92 families!
- We successfully launched our revolutionary Virtual Eco journeys, allowing our visitors from all around the world to connect with Indonesian families and install SWGs together over Zoom.
- We opened a social enterprise company in Singapore, Safe Water Gardens (SWG) Pte Ltd, with eminent board members to manage the global rollout of the SWGs
- Together with our virtual customers, we realized that our sanitation project could easily expand into a full WASH (Water, Sanitation, Hygiene) project, so now we are delivering lifelong sanitation, running water and clean drinking water to individual households at the world’s lowest cost, empowering the homeowners to take full ownership over the systems
- Once again, our virtual guests inspired us to go one step further and help deliver WASH+: once villagers have water and sanitation, it turns out they can do micro-farming, start eating healthy, and start a community tourism business, thus offering high-quality jobs that especially benefit women
Job Title: Media and PR Director
In general, SWG is looking for passionate, inspired and committed team members to help create a sustainable business to make the world a better place and to help us demonstrate that sustainable business is simply the best way to do business in the future. In particular, we are looking for a passionate person who can get the word out efficiently and thus fuel our income streams.
The candidate can be located anywhere but would be required to participate in conference calls with other staff members during business hours in Asia.
Since we are still operating under very tight financial conditions, initially the payments will be commission-based, but we believe that part of a sustainable business model is to reward our staff and partners well financially. As such, you will be invited to help us define a track that not only leads to great job satisfaction and good results for the company, but also to financial well-being.
In the proposed role, below, you are responsible for (social media) marketing for Safe Water Gardens Pte Ltd (SWG), a registered Singapore Social Enterprise aiming to provide the world’s villagers with access to WASH+ (see above), starting with Indonesia. This will be done in coordination with Loola Eco Adventure in Singapore and Bintan, Indonesia, since LooLa is the company that offers virtual and physical tours for benefactors who sponsor the Safe Water Garden project and LooLa coordinates and executes the water and sanitation programs in Indonesia.
Responsibilities include marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules. The Director will create and distribute engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web page and blog content, or social media messages. You must develop social media presence on major platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc, and create and manage social media advertising.
The goal is to gradually build a community to achieve superior customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue. In the SWG context, customers are mainly benefactors who sponsor safe water gardens (or more generally, WASH+ systems) as part of personal cross-cultural experiences with local Indonesians who receive these WASH systems in exchange for hosting virtual exchanges.
- Build and execute a social media strategy through platform selection, messaging and audience identification.
- The above includes, but is not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Google ads, donation portals, online sales portals, and so on
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content on a regular schedule.
- Moderate all user-generated content and engagement for effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Capture and analyse the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and act on the information. Move leads from social media to the sales funnel and track for closure. (Note: while we don’t hold you responsible for closing sales, you will be awarded compensation when a significant social media driven sale closes).
- Collaborate with LooLa Eco Adventure for content synergy and tracking of impact of social media marketing.
- Track and analyze fund raising from direct donations through online portals.
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or related academic training and certifications.
- Skilled in copy writing, editing of text and graphics, presentations, and verbal communication (e.g. facilitating live streams or webinars).
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge, e.g. Google Analytics
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development (WordPress), and SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Ability to advise the management on best practices in social media marketing and develop investment proposals for SWG leadership approval.
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in Indonesian is a plus.
- Self-directed and able to accomplish goals without supervision.
- Your passion is the key determinator, but since we look for a future-ready diverse working group, we especially encourage young people to apply, as well as women, and people from minority backgrounds.
Contact us at email@example.com